Committed to Sustainability
AkzoNobel remains in the top three in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index which rates companies on a range of economic, environmental and social criteria.
- Waste from overspray is reclaimed and recycled or reprocessed
- The development of powder coatings that are manufactured using low temperature or ‘dry’ cured technologies which consume less energy
- Powders based on Particle Management Technology that offer reduced film build and therefore require less raw materials
- A decrease of hazardous waste by 75% in the last decade at our Melbourne manufacturing site.
- No Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) nor any toxic heavy metals such as lead or chromium (VI).
Emissions of volatile organic compounds from paints and office fit-out items are covered within the Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) green star category.
Our entire range of architectural powder coatings contribute towards satisfying the IEQ two (2) green star credit points as outlined in:
- IEQ11 Office Interiors v1.1
- IEQ13 Office Design v3 and Office As-Built v3
and one (1) green star credit point as outlined in:
- IEQ8 Multi Unit Residential v1
- IEQ8 Retail Centre v1
- IEQ8 Education v1
- IEQ8 Healthcare v1
- IEQ8 Industrial v1.
Our powder coatings attract points because they do not contain organic solvents and emit zero VOCs. By specifying Interpon products, you can accumulate Green Star points for your project.
Visit www.gbca.org.au for more information.
Products are not reviewed or certified under the Green Star® rating system. Green Star® credit requirements cover the performance of materials in aggregate, not the performance of individual products or brands. For more information on Green Star®, visit www.gbca.org.au.