Every type of decorative finish comes with its flaws, such as the harsh environmental impact of chrome plating, staining caused by natural corten steel or the heat retention of dark coated surfaces.
Interpon recognises the versatility of powder coatings in mimicking the effects of popular alternative finishes. Through constant innovation we have created a range of specialty powder coatings that can be used as an often greener, more cost effective or safer alternative to other finish options.
Natural stone erodes over time and needs constant repair; an Interpon Stone Effects has huge weight savings right across the building structure, less material, less complexity, less cost. Embodied and operational carbon savings, providing an extremely sustainable alternative to Natural Stone and fibreglass concrete cladding.
Interpon D Stone Effect also meets several the most stringent performance requirements including the five-year Florida test as well as AAMA 2064 and AS1530.
Single layer applied; shop finished. Perfect for pre-clad modular facades.
As a powder coating, Interpon D Stone Effect is a sustainable option, being free of harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). It is also backed by an Environmental Product Declaration (EPD), which means the raw materials, manufacture and transportation associated with creating the product have been assessed by an independent third-party for transparent sustainability credentials.
Interpon D2525 Structura is a fine texture superdurable powder coating. Created with aesthetics and high performance in mind. Interpon D2525 Structura is the perfect powder coating for your contemporary design, its mar resistant and ensures your building will stand the test of time.
- Superdurable low gloss, fine textured finish
- Up to 25 year project warranty when applied by an Interpon Gold approved applicator.
- Stock Range
- Improved mar resistance
- Maintenance friendly
- Hides small surface imperfections
- Interpon D2525 Structura Brochure (PDF)
- Interpon D2525 Strutura Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
- Interpon D2525 Structura MSDS (PDF)
We understand your need for greater coating flexibility and color freedom without compromise.
That’s why we have created an exclusive range of matt and metallic effect finishes designed to mimic anodising but with all the application benefits of powder coating.
Showcasing 2 distinctive ranges
From the Timeless: Interpon Collection Anodic Classic range, features soft metallic tones and has an established reputation for quality and finish performance;
To the Modern: Interpon Anodic Précis™ reflecting the evolution in architectural color and finish trends. The Anodic Précis™ range is Interpon’s next generation smooth low gloss ‘anodised look’ powder coatings.
With lasting durability and color fade resistance; ideal for both interior and exterior applications; our Collection Anodic range offer just a taste of the design and color choices available to architects, interior designers and specifiers.
- Collection Anodic Color Chart (PDF)
- Collection Anodic Brochure (PDF)
- D1000 Anodic Précis™Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
- D2015 Anodic Précis™ Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
The ‘fine texture’ finish and advanced powder coating technology combine to reduce packaging costs and transport damage due to marring. Available in 12 popular colours.
- Mar reduction technology for use in high-wear areas
- Reduction in packing cost due to highly durable surface finishing
- Textured pattern hides irregularities in substrates
- D1000 technology
- Formulated for various substrates
- Advanced technology for ease of application
- Environmental and performance benefits of powder coating
- All available as Stock
- Australian made
- Factory finish
- Interpon D1000 Textura® Brochure (PDF)
- Interpon D1000 Textura® Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
- Request Sample Panels
Interpon EC™ is a polyurethane range of powder coating that allows for the simple and rapid removal of most forms of graffiti using common solvents without causing dullness or damage to the coating.
Available as a clear suitable for application over polyester top coats, such as Interpon D1000.
Interpon EC™ can also be manufactured in a wide range of custom colors.
Where can Interpon EC™ be used?
- public furniture such as benches and rubbish bins
- public transport components including tram, train and bus stops
- school and outdoor furniture
- ATM and post box components
Interpon Redox APA (MetaPrep™) is a powder coating barrier primer designed to give enhanced corrosion performance in aggressive environments such as high humidity and coastal areas as well as industrial areas with aggressive atmospheres and interior areas featuring swimming pools or polluted environments.
Interpon Redox APA (MetaPrep™) is suitable for overcoating with our entire range of architectural powder coatings and ensures the longevity and optimum performance of the coating.
Interpon Powder Coatings has 2 PZ (Polyzinc) Primer products:
- Interpon Redox PZ 790 (ALZ90F)
- Interpon Redox PZ560 (BL103K)
These primers are epoxy zinc powder primers renowned for their superior corrosion protection properties. Without adequate corrosion protection, steel will corrode prematurely in harsh environments. This may result in potentially expensive maintenance costs or even complete product replacement.
Interpon Redox PZ 790 (ALZ90F)
A premium epoxy zinc powder primer and has been confirmed as the best performing powder coating primer for corrosion protection over blasted steel. To achieve the highest standards of corrosion protection Interpon Redox PZ 790 uses unique AkzoNobel technology to enhance its active anti-corrosion performance.
Interpon Redox PZ 560 (BL103K)
An epoxy zinc powder primer provides superior corrosion protection of steel and is compatible with the full range of powder topcoats. Interpon Redox PZ 560 provides excellent on-line application properties under adverse conditions and smoothness of finish. Interpon PZ 560 system can be used in a wide range of applications and has a proven track record of success.
- Interpon Redox PZ Primer Brochure (PDF)
- Interpon Redox PZ 790 Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
- Interpon Redox PZ 560 Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
Interpon understands the harsh effects of living under our sun and the energy costs that come with it. That’s why we have developed Cool Chemistry technology.
Our Interpon D1000, D1000 Excel™ and TC powder coating ranges are now available in a unique heat reflective form designed to deflect the sun’s rays, decrease temperatures and reduce energy consumption.
Interpon Cool Chemistry® is ideal for outdoor metal applications such as street furniture, bus, tram and train stop components, garage doors, balustrades, fencing, playground equipment and virtually any application where substrate temperature is a concern.
Color Vitality ‘Brights’ Range
Engineered to provide superior application performance and specifically formulated for exterior use, Interpon’s ‘Bright’ range is highly fade-resistant and is ideal for use in high UV exposure
- Available in D1000 and D2015 technologies
- 10-year and 20-year performance warranties available
- Proven durability in harsh UV environments
- Specifically formulated for exterior applications
- High fade resistance
- Outstanding color fastness
- Superior damage resistance
- Higher transfer efficiency during applications
- Provides a dramatic visual aesthetic
- Interpon D1000 Color Vitality ‘Brights’ Brochure (PDF)
- Interpon D1000 Color Vitality ‘Brights’ Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
- Interpon D2015 Color Vitality ‘Brights’ Brochure (PDF)
- Interpon D2015 Color Vitality ‘Brights’ Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
Interpon STF powder coatings is available in interior and exterior grades.
The process of sublimation transfer is commonly used to transform architectural aluminium components to give them the appearance of wood. Items such as windows, doors, screens, shutters, louvres and even outdoor furniture can be transformed using the sublimation process.
- Overcomes weight considerations of timber
- No solvent emissions
- Design flexibility – provides excellent edge coverage on conventional and multi-faceted pieces
- Consistent quality across and between the different parts
- Virtually maintenance free
- Ideal in coastal environments where after care maintenance is high
- Excellent alternative to wood in bushfire prone regions
- No costly re-staining required
- Supported by a 15 year performance warranty when applied by an approved applicator
The latest distinguished pattern with metallic ‘marbling’ effect to camouflage irregularities in various substrates. Suitable for application over various metals such as steel, galvanised steel and aluminium.
- Unique pattern reduces visible irregularities in substrates
- Engineered to reduce substrating
- Suitable for various substrates
- Robust coating technology for high-wear applications
- Developed for thicker substrates and/or slower heatup rate ovens
- Enhanced coverage properties – reducing product wastage
- Available as stock
- Interpon Hammer Mystique MW415C Brochure (PDF)
- Interpon Hammer Mystique MW415C Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
Interpon Ripple Powder Coatings are the ideal surface finish for high wear industrial applications. Specifically designed for thicker substrates, the new and improved technology delivers the distinctive ‘Ripple’ pattern to camouflage irregularities in various substrates.
- Latest powder technology – Coat more metal using less powder
- New non-bleed technology for X15 Orange
- Robust ripple pattern hides irregularities in substrates – Less fabrication required
- Formulated for various substrates
- Improved for ease of application
- Provides a dramatic visual aesthetic
- Australian made
With the extreme climatic differences across the world, machinery and equipment are exposed to environments with a vast range of temperatures and humidity, varying degrees of sunlight intensity and salinity. With these kinds of uncompromising forces, it is essential to have a powder coating finish that can meet rigorous performance demands under all conditions – one that you can have the confidence in to remain strong and undamaged over time.
- Global OEM Approvals
- Exceptional mechanical properties such as adhesion, hardness, flexibility and impact resistance
- Resists attack from corrosion chemical agents such as diesel, petrol & hydraulic fluids
- Enhanced weatherability and high quality finish
- Excellent color choice and color consistency
- Exceptional performance and visual characteristics even in challenging conditions
- Environmentally friendly
- ACE Product Brochure (PDF)